LAKE TWP. During the regular meeting on May 14, the Lake Township Trustees voted unanimously to promote Michael Batchik from lieutenant to chief of Uniontown Police Department.
Batchik will receive $33 an hour as Chief of Police and will have a 90-day probationary period.
Batchik said he has been with the department for 18 years.
"I’m honored to accept the position and excited to see what the future holds for the Uniontown Police Department," Batchik said. "I’ve been a part of this community my entire life and I feel honored to serve it.
- Promoted Uniontown Police Department Det. John Koehler to sergeant with a probationary period of 90 days.
- Authorized paying bills as of May 14 in the amount of $137,554.
- Waived the mortgage deed requirement for Heritage Glen Phase III to so that the allotment can put in sidewalks on land owned by the Home Owner’s Association (HOA) and on land owned by the developer who has gone bankrupt.
- Signed recognitions for four veterans to be honored at the All Veterans’ Memorial at Uniontown Community Park on Memorial Day including Norbert Fenstermaker, Donald C. Hensley, Steven S. Mitchell and George C. Snyder.
- Authorized advertising for bids for the 2018 paving project.
- Approved purchasing manhole adjusting rings at $133 each, not to exceed $2,010.
- Authorized advertising for bids for 2019 Heavy Duty Set-Back Single Axle Chassis. Sealed bids will be opened during the regular meeting on June 11. Call the Township Hall for details.
- Approved a negotiated contract with Utility Workers of America AFL-CIO Local 578 for all full-time employees of Lake Township road and bridge, effective March 1, 2018 through Aug. 31, 2020.
- Accepted a $16,586 startup grant from the Stark-Tuscarawas-Wayne Joint Solid Waste Management District to purchase cameras for the township’s yard waste drop off site.
- Approved $4,390 for flooring upgrade over and above the amount paid through the insurance company for flood damage at the Uniontown Police Department.
UP NEXT: Meets 6:30 p.m. May 30 at Township Hall. The date has been changed from the regular Monday evening due to the Memorial Day holiday.