JACKSON TWP. During the regular meeting on May 10, the Jackson Township trustees awarded proclamations to three outstanding Jackson High School athletes.
The athletes were Victor Marcelli (wrestling), Taylor Mikesell (girls basketball) and Jaret Pallotta (boys basketball and varsity football).
All three trustees and the fiscal officer congratulated the athletes and thanked them for all they’ve done for the community. The trustees said they were giving the proclamations in appreciation and in hopes that all would return to the community after completing college.
- Paid bills in the amount of $1.2 million.
- Accepted two Police Department retirements including Greg Beiter (with over 30 years of service) and Debbie Colaner.
- Accepted two donations to the Hooked on Fishing program from John and Liza Pizzino ($100) and Todd J. Hawke ($100).
- Accepted two donations to the 2018 Pride program including $250 from Elite Auto Body and $150 from Richard and Barbara Altman.
- Accepted two donations to the police department including $200 from Slagle Strategic Group and $30 from David Karaiskos.
- Approved a Memorandum of Understanding with the OVI Task force effective Oct. 1, 2018 through Sept. 30, 2019.
- Authorized the purchase of a Caterpillar front end loader for the parks department at a cost of $205,451 with a trade-in allowance of $28,500 for a total cost of $176,951.
- Accepted an EMS grant for six new iPad tablets valued at $3,500 from the Ohio Public Safety Emergency Medical Services organization.
- Accepted the following donations to the Community Celebration: $1,000 from Cutler Real Estate, $500 from Friends of Jackson Community Parks and $500 from PTSI.
- Accepted a $500 from Jackson Diamond Club-Stark Nationals to the Parks Department.
- Authorized advertising for bids for the North Park Amphitheater Project.
- Field of Honor/Field of Heroes flags will be on display in front of the Safety Center from May 25-28.
- Safety Village will be held 8:45 a.m. to noon Jun 11 -14 at Sauder Elementary School. Registration deadline is May 25.
UP NEXT: The next regularly scheduled meeting is 5 p.m., May 22 at Township Hall.