JACKSON TWP. During the regular meeting on April 3, Jackson Township Trustees authorized to begin advertising for construction bids to extend Strip Avenue from Eagle Circle Northwest to Applegrove Street Northwest.
Fiscal Officer Randy Gonzalez said this is a project the trustees have been working on for at least 10 years.
"This is a major step in improving the traffic in the township in that area," Gonzalez said. "Approving this and the basketball courts for North Park are big for the township. I’m proud of the trustees for passing both resolutions and happy to be a part of it."
- Paid bills in the amount of $698,108.
- Approved $1,250 for professional services.
- Authorized a purchase of a 2018 GMC Terrain vehicle for the administration department at a cost of $25,399.
- Approved a contract with Earth N Wood to haul away yard waste from the leaf drop off area at $290 a load.
- Appointed Matthew J. Rouse as a full-time police patrol officer effective April 6 with an annual salary of $51,677.
- Accepted a donation of $500 from the Jackson Boys Lacrosse program.
- Accepted the following sponsorship donations to the 2018 Community Celebration: $500 from Buckeye Dental Group, LLC; $250 each from Standard Plumbing & Heating Company and Sutphen Corporation; and $100 from Fedorko Chiropractic Health Center.
- Authorized a contract with Vasco Asphalt for $161,052 for four basketball courts in the north central area of North Park. Gonzalez said the trustees promised to keep the basketball courts as part of the amphitheater project and he said authorizing this contract shows they kept their word to the community.
- Approved installing gates and a fence in South Park for $8,875 with Southway Fence.
- Authorized a contract with Schaub Electric to install electricity on the gates at the leave drop off area of South Park.
- Trustees noted that the representatives from the Jackson Township Branch Library and Stark Parks will attend the April 10 regular trustees’ meeting to discuss the amphitheater project in North Park.
UP NEXT: The next regularly scheduled meeting is 5 p.m., April 10 at the Township Hall.