The Stark County commissioners approved an agreement with North Canton related to work on a water line that will be done by the city with the county engineer's office as part of the Whipple Avenue and Everhard road intersection improvement project.
Stark County commissioners
Approved agreement between the Stark County Engineer's office and the city of North Canton where North Canton will pay $500,000 for its water lines to be replaced when the county upgrades the Whipple Avenue and Everhard Road NW project later this year.
• Accepted the recommendation by an evaluation committee to reject both bids for a new case management system for the Stark County prosecutor's office by the companies Equivant and Prosecutor by Karpel Systems. The resolution approved by the commissioners said the bids did not meet the prosecutor's needs.
• Authorized issuing a public notice from the county treasurer specifying the application process for banks to be considered for a depository contract to hold the county's funds.
• Authorized payment of $124,900 to Waikem Ford for four 2018 Ford Explorer Police Inceptor SUVs and $17,065 to Waikem Ford for a 2018 Ford Fusion Base FSW for $17,065 for the Stark County sheriff's office.
• Approved changes to the Stark County Family Services Committee's bylaws so members can serve more than two terms.
• Approved the county purchasing law enforcement liability insurance from April 3 to April 3, 2019, at a cost of $258,760.
• Approved the binding of the county to the Stark County Recorders Errors and Omissions insurance policy for $5,936 from Maxum Indemnity Company from April 3 to Nov. 1, 2019. The county is seeking to have its insurance policies to expire in November 2019.
The commissioners will meet 10 a.m. Monday and Tuesday for work sessions, but the topics have not yet been determined. Their regular meeting will be 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.