SPRINGFIELD TWP. The Springfield Board of Trustees approved the authorization for the township administrator to accept title for the =property known as lot number 86 of the William T. Sawyer Springfield Allotment from the Summit County Land Reutilization Corporation by General Warranty Deed during the March 8 regular meeting.
Also, the township administrator was directed to enter into a contract with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield for the purpose of providing group dental coverage to certain Springfield Township officers and employees, effective as of Jan. 1, and for a term not to exceed 18 months.
- Business for the police department included to remove Capt. Carl Blasdel, Sgt. Brian Troyer and Officer Michael Roberts from probation, effective March 12. Roberts was approved for a pay increase to $18 an hour, effective March 12.
- Trustees approved the purchase of a 2018 Ford Explorer from Sarchione Ford in the amount of $32,506.
- Police Chief Dave Hoover reported that the department had 1,133 calls for the month of February. He also said the Easter egg hunt for the township will be held at the Lake Front Park from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 24. The police and fire will have open house, with refreshments at the fire department during the event.
- Trustees approved the closure of Canfield Road on from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 24 for the Easter egg hunt.
- Zoning Administrator Pat Ryan reported that there were 19 complaint investigations during February and 13 permits were approved three for single family, two for additions, three for accessory buildings, one for a fence and four for permanent signs.
- Trustee Deborah Davis reminded residents if they want Republic to be their trash hauler, even though a resident is a current Republic customer to call and enroll in the new program. The number is 1-800-247-3644.
- The board went into Executive Session to discuss the compensation of public employees, pending or imminent litigation with Township Legal Counsel and collective bargaining matters. The meeting resumed with no business taking place.
The next regular meeting of the Board of Trustees will be held at 6 p.m. March 22 at the Town Hall, 2459 Canfield Road.