- Join in the Gospel Blue Grass Jam held from 6 to 9:30 p.m. at Manchester United Methodist Church, 5625 Manchester Road. It is an evening of foot stompin’ music. Bring a covered dish to share for dinner at 7:30 p.m. For more information call 330-882-4818.
- The Summit County Master Gardeners are holding Design & Beyond 2018 Garden Symposium, "The Heart and Soul of the Garden." The event is from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Event Our Lady of Cedars Banquet Center, 507 S. Cleveland Massillon Road. Cost for the day is $50 and includes a continental breakfast and buffet lunch and symposium materials. Register now the event sells out quickly. On-line Registration at: summitmastergardeners.org look for "registration is now OPEN." For questions or you have difficulty registering on-line, please contact: Helen Ryan-King 330-338-1043 or email@example.com.
- The 2018 Belden Village Bridal Show, will be held at the Belden Village Mall Jan. 20 and 21. The show will provide area couples with information on how to create the perfect wedding experience. Brides and grooms will have a chance to spin the Prize Wheel and play the Honeymoon Hunt. Each bride will receive a complimentary issue of Akron Canton Weddings magazine. Also, sign up for the chance to be a contestant in the Price is Right Game Show and the Nearly Newlywed Game. Attendees can take in fashion shows at 2 p.m. each day. The shows will feature bridal gowns, bridesmaid dresses, tuxedos and children’s wedding apparel. The expo will include local vendors sharing wedding planning information including formal attire, photographers, rental services, bakeries, DJ services, reception venues, salon and spas, caterers, travel agencies, beauty consultants, and more. Area brides and grooms can pre-register for the event http://bit.ly/BVBridal18 for the chance to win a Bachelorette Party at Gervasi Vineyard, including lunch or dinner for up to 12 guests at the Crush House and a Winery Tour.
- Coventry Crossing Christian Church is hosting a Target Shooter Group which will meet from 9 to 10 a.m. at The Marksman on Barber Road in Norton. The cost is $11 per person. For more information, call Jeremy at 330-328-3675.
- The Barberton Parks and Recreation Department is partnering with Giant Eagle, Barberton Tree Service and the Humane Society of Summit County for a free fun-filled afternoon of sledding. The event will be held from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Water Tower hill, behind the Barberton Church of God, 885 N. Summit St. Bring a donation item from the Humane Society’s Wish List to help benefit their great organization. The Humane Society will have an information table, along with a drop bin. Hot chocolate, coffee, donuts and a bonfire will be a part of the fun. For more information visit the Parks Department’s Facebook page or call 330-861-7135.
- Akron General Community Access & Wellness is offering low-cost glucose and cholesterol screenings from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Green Health and Wellness Center, 1940 Town Park Blvd. To measure LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, be sure to fast for at least twelve hours. No appointments required. Screenings are done by a finger-stick test. Costs range from $12 to $58 depending upon the combination of tests ordered. Cash, check or credit card accepted. Call 330-665-8175 with questions.
- Cleveland Clinic Akron General LifeStyles is offering Sugar Busters and How to Lose Belly Fat from 6 to 7 p.m. at the Green Health and Wellness Center, 1940 Town Park Blvd. The program is one hour and will cover nutrition, fitness, new recipes, tips and more. To register call 330-896-5000.
- Wandering Aesthetics, Jilly’s Music Room and The Akronist are holding Full Circle Storytelling from 7 to 10 p.m. at Jilly’s Music Room, 111 N. Main Street. The event is free and open to the public. Registration is encouraged, (especially for storytellers), but not required. To register or for more information, visit www.watheatre.com/fullcircle, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 330-612-3090.
- "Kids’ Loving Memories Grief Support" will offer support for children ages 6 to 12 who have experienced a death of a significant loved one, such as a parent, sibling or grandparent. The special class will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Participants will remember those special loved ones using crafts, storytelling and music. The program will be held at 3358 Ridgewood Road, Copley. To register, or for more information, call 330-668-4662 or 800-335-1455, ext. 4662.