- The musical light show, "Holidays on Wildflower," is lit and collecting donations for two causes. All cash and check donations from 2017's Christmas Light Show will benefit Akron Children's Hospital. Also being collected is food for the Akron Canton Regional Food Bank. Drop off food items in the green collection barrel and tune to 93.5 FM and enjoy the show. The light show is at 4781 Wildflower Drive in Green. Visit http://www.facebook.com/holidaysonwildflower for more information.
- Youth Theatrical Classes will be held on Saturdays beginning Feb. 3 through March 31, with a performance held at 8:15 p.m. March 31. Students will work on and perform a play learning stage direction, vocalization, improvisation creating a character, how to work with other actors, how to audition for a part, back stage crew, props, how casting works and theatre etiquette. The cost is $150 with a $20 discount for pre registering by Dec. 31. Students will receive a T-shirt. Registration forms are available on the Theatre 8:15 website, www.theatre815.com. For more information, call 330-896-0339 or email email@example.com. The theatre is at 4740 Massillon Road in Green.
- The Akron Zoo hosts Wild Lights presented by Akron Children’s Hospital from 5 to 9 p.m. Dec. 22 and 23. Guests will experience the zoo lit up with thousands of holiday lights and enjoy live entertainment. S’mores and other treats can be purchased at Mrs. C’s Sweet Shop, and the Komodo Kingdom Café will be open for a variety of food options. Adult beverages will also be available for those 21 and older. Tickets can be purchased at the zoo box office or online. Visit www.akronzoo.org or call 330-375-2550 for ticket prices and to purchase.
- Join a naturalist on a winter bird hike in search of birds that reside in Ohio year-round, along with winter's winged visitors. The hike is from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Bring binoculars and dress for the weather. Held at Firestone Metro park/Tuscarawas Meadows Area, 2620 Harrington Road. For information call 330-865-8065.
- The Portage Lakes Eagles will hold a special meeting at 6 p.m., 5899 Manchester Road, regarding building improvements. For more information, call 330-491-6252.
- Those who have experienced the death of a loved one know that the holiday season can be extremely stressful and sometimes heartbreaking. Cleveland Clinic Akron General Visiting Nurse Service will hold a free support group "After the Holidays ... Now What?"fr om 2 to 3:30 p.m. or 6 to 7:30 p.m. The group will focus on overcoming the low feelings sometimes experienced after major holidays and other special days..Meet at the Justin T. Rogers Hospice Care Center, 3358 Ridgewood Road, Copley. To register, or for more information, call 330-668-4662 or 800-335-1455, ext. 4662.
- Sibshops, a recreational and fun program for brothers and sisters of children with special needs, will meet from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Greensburg United Methodist Church, 2161 Greensburg Road in Green. The prograom is offered for children in grades 3 through 6 and allows them to meet and interact with others who have siblings with special needs. Lunch is provided but pre-registration is required. For more information, call Greensburg United Methodist Church at 330-896-1936 or visit www.facebook.com/greensibsshops.
- Join in the Gospel Blue Grass Jam held from 6 to 9:30 p.m. at Manchester United Methodist Church, 5625 Manchester Road. It is an evening of foot stompin’ music. Bring a covered dish to share for dinner at 7:30 p.m. For more information call 330-882-4818.