Christmas at Central Park
The City of Green is hosting its Christmas-at-Central Park Holiday Event from 4 to 7 p.m. on Saturday at Central Park, 1755 Town Park Blvd. Make and take a craft from 4 to 5:30 in the Central Park Community Hall. Cookies and hot cocoa will be available. There will be ice sculpture demonstrations, holiday photo spots and free train rides. At 5:10 p.m., the Green Middle School 8th grade choir will perform followed by a sing-along as Santa arrives via fire truck at approximately 5:30 p.m. to light the community tree. Following the tree lighting ceremony, Santa will greet and visit with children in the community hall until 7 p.m. Admission is a donation of a non-perishable food item or personal care item to be donated to Green Good Neighbors. Parking is available at the Green Intermediate School and Green Stadium parking lots, the City Administration overflow lot, and the Central Park parking lot on Steese Road. In the event of rain or inclement weather, visit the City’s website at www.cityofgreen.org for cancellation information of any of the outdoor activities. Indoor activities, including visiting with Santa, crafts and snacks will not be canceled.
The Akron Zoo hosts Wild Lights presented by Akron Children’s Hospital from 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Guests will experience the zoo lit up with thousands of holiday lights and enjoy live entertainment. S’mores and other treats can be purchased at Mrs. C’s Sweet Shop, and the Komodo Kingdom Café will be open for a variety of food options. Adult beverages will also be available for those 21 and older. Tickets can be purchased at the zoo box office or online. Visit www.akronzoo.org or call 330-375-2550 for ticket prices and to purchase.
Holiday activities at Lock 3
Holiday activities are in full swing in downtown Akron’s Lock 3, 200 S. Main St. Bundle up the family and get ready for some real outdoor fun.
- Skate on Ohio’s largest seasonal ice skating rink. Skating is $4 (includes rental) or $2 with your own skates.
- Enjoy 150 feet of downhill fun at Reindeer Run, an all-season polymer coated slide designed to provide a fun ride for children 14 and under. Only sleds provided by Lock 3 may be used and are rented for $3.
- Play 9 holes of indoor putt putt golf that windes through festive holiday décor. Fun for all ages. $3 for 9 holes. Ages 3 and under are free. Putt-putt for only $1 with the purchase of ice skating.
- Stroll down Main St. between Bowery and State St. and enjoy the largest seasonal vintage collection in Ohio.
- Ride the L3 Express Train a trackless train that winds through the Winter Wonderland of Lock 3. The cost is $4 for children and $2 for adults.
- Take the family on a stroll down Main Street to see the famous classic department store animated window displays that Akronites remember from the 1960s through the 1980s of the O'neil's, Polsky and Landmark buildings. Displays include The 3 Little Pigs, The Wizard of Oz, 3 Men in a Tub, Alice In Wonderland, The Cabbage Patch Kids, Raggedy Ann and more.
For hours and more information for all events, visit www.lock3live.com or call 330-375-2877.