JACKSON TWP. During the regular meeting on Nov. 21, the Jackson Local Schools Board of Education (BOE) recognized the district’s fall athletes and athletic programs.
Individual athletes included:
- Brock Hawkins (12th), boy’s golf, qualified for Division I state golf tournament
- Emily Thomas (12th) girl’s tennis, Federal League and Stark County Player of the Year
- Megan Meese (12th), girl’s tennis, state qualifier
- Jaret Pallotta (12th), football, Federal League Player of the Year, NE District Offensive Player of the Year
- Andy Dragotta (11th), boys’ soccer, Federal League Player of the Year, second team All-Ohio
- Volleyball: 25-2 overall record, including 12-0 in Federal League play. The team improved its consecutive Federal League wins to 86 and won its eighth consecutive district champions and qualified to the state tourament for the fourth time in program history.
- Boys cross country: Won the North Canton Invitational, Jackson Invitational, Stark County Championship meet, Andrews Osborne Invitational, Federal League meet and district meet; fifth in regional meet and qualified fo the state meet for the sixth time in program history.
- Girls soccer: Won the Federal League for the 22nd time in the past 24 years and had an overall record of 17-3-2. They were sectional, district and regional champions.
- Approved four field trips.
- Went into executive session to consider the employment of a public employee and to discuss details relative to security arrangements and emergency response protocols for the board of education with no action taken.
UP NEXT: The Board will meet next at 5 p.m., Dec. 12 at Amherst Elementary at 8750 Jane St. NW, Massillon.