LAKE TWP. During the regular meeting on Nov. 13, the Lake Township Trustees accepted the drawings and proposal from Debra Frear on behalf of the St. James Home Owners Association to extend sidewalks.
President Galen Stoll said the request is to extend two sidewalks within the public right-of-way along Daisybrook Street in the St. James Place, No. 1 Allotment.
Stoll said the authorization is contingent upon the township receiving the following: A Lake Township Road Open Permit with proper bonding, written consent from the abutting property owners for the proposed sidewalk extension and work to be performed and proper easement from the Home Owners Association’s legal counsel with respect to the work and improvements to be completed.
"The work can’t be started until all of the necessary items have been submitted to the township," Stoll said.
- Authorized paying bills as of Nov. 13 in the amount of $107,639.
- Approved notifying Todd’s Enviroscapes of the township’s intent not renew a contract for lawn mowing and maintenance and approved a new contract with Quality Landscape Services for a lower cost. The service is for mowing and maintaining township cemeteries and other township owned properties. The amount of the contract was not available at the time of the meeting.
- Approved purchasing tires for Road Department truck fleet from Goodyear Commercial Tire in the amount of $6,232, which was the lowest of two bids.
- Renewed an Independent Contractor Agreement with Michael Wells and Wells Quality Excavating with the only change being a slight increase in cement that is used for headstones foundation in the township’s cemeteries. The increase went from 42 cents per square inch to 45 cents.
- Approved a 25 percent weight reduction of the legal limits on township streets during times of thawing. Stoll said there are 19 roads with the weight reduction and that all roads will marked with proper signage.
- Purchased a monthly service contract from Verizon for Jetpacks for the patrol cars for the Uniontown Police Department at a cost of $39.95 each.
- Authorized advertising for an alternate and a regular member for the Lake Township Board of Zoning Appeals. The regular member will serve a five-year term commencing on the date of appointment. Persons interested in applying can stop by the Township Hall to fill out an application. Applicants must live in the unincorporated areas of the township. Members of the board receive $35 per meeting and the board meets once a month.
UP NEXT: Meets 6:30 p.m. Nov. 27 at Township Hall.