LAKE TWP. During the regular meeting on Aug. 21, the Lake Local Board of Education authorized purchasing a $75,000 bond for Business Manager Jeff Breit.
The bond will be for the term of Breit’s contract. Breit was the principal of Hartville Elementary School until resigning in March, which was effective June 30. He was then hired as the business manager effective July 1, 2017 through July 31, 2020.
Treasurer Nicole Nichols said the revised code requires that the treasurer and the business manager have separate bonds. She said the cost of the bond was approximately $400.
- Accepted the following donations: $1,000 from George Deuble Foundation for PASS Camp support and $2,000 from The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company for high school STEM.
- Accepted the resignation of Kathryn Griesinger, orchestra director for Lake High School and Lake Middle School.
- Accepted the resignation of Susan Mendenhall as secretary of Lake High School and as Lake High School class advisor, effective July 31.
- Approved hiring Susan Mendenhall as administrative assistant to the superintendent, effective Aug. 1.
- Approved hiring Kaidra Gergon as kindergarten teacher at Hartville Elementary School.
- Approved hiring Alicia A. Tremmel as orchestra director for Lake Middle School.
UP NEXT: The next Board meeting is 7:30 p.m., Sept. 18 at Lake Middle School, 511 Market Ave., SW, Hartville, OH.