JACKSON TWP. Jackson Township Trustees signed a proclamation declaring July 11, 2017, as Jackson Polar Bear Boys Varsity Baseball Appreciation Day.
A proclamation was signed, read and presented to the head coach Bill Gamble during the regular meeting on July 11. The Jackson varsity baseball team won its second State Division I Title on June 3.
"We couldn’t be more humbled to receive this award, events like this don’t happen without the support of the community and a team with really good players," Gamble said.
- Paid bills in the amount of $1.15 million.
- Held and executive session for a sergeant candidate interview for the Jackson Township Police Department.
- Promoted Patrol Officer Jason Coppock to full-time police sergeant at $33 an hour with a probationary period of 365 days. Coppock has been with the Jackson Police Department for 10 years.
- Approved sending notices to the County Auditor for fees and expense for mowing noxious weeds at two properties. The properties are at 5961 Governors Ave. NW Lot 21 and 22 in Mallard’s Crossing.
- Movie in the Park with "The Good Dinosaur" is July 21 in Jackson North Park.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival Balloon Classic and Fireworks is from 4 to 11 p.m. July 28 and 29.
- Police Department National Night Out is 5 to 8 p.m. Aug. 1 at Target Plaza on Dressler Road.
UP NEXT: The next regularly scheduled meeting is 5 p.m., Aug. 8 at the Township Hall.