JACKSON TWP. The Jackson Local Schools Board of Education approved a performance bonus in the amount of $10,000 for Superintendent Christopher DiLoreto during its regular meeting on June 27.
"According to the Superintendent’s contract he is eligible for an annual bonus and we just approved the payment of the 2016-17 school year bonus," Board President Christopher Goff said.
The board took the action after returning from an executive session.
- Approved participating in the Cooperative School Bus Purchasing program.
- Approved academic fees for next school year including a Polaris Protection Plan fee of $12.50 for Chromebooks for students in grades fifth and sixth and eighth and ninth.
- Approved membership in the Ohio School Athletic Association for the next year.
- Authorized a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Jackson Community Celebration in effect for June 28-July 2 for the fireworks display. The MOU holds the district harmless from any damage to the district’s property that may occur from the fireworks.
- Authorized three field trips, including the cheerleaders going to Ashland University, boys golf team going to the Licking Valley Golf Tournament and the AP English Literature class going to England in the summer of 2018. All costs will be paid through fundraising or boosters.
UP NEXT: The Board will meet next at 11:30 a.m., July 27 at the Jackson High School.