GREEN Reno Contipelli, a representative of the Ohio School Boards Association, presented service awards to several of PLCC board members and announced that Dave Hofer will be Summit County's representative for the Ohio School Boards Association.
Superintendent Benjamin Moore then reported on all the events happening in the building over the summer. He also reported that the aviation program was filled and six students were also accepted from North Canton, which is a help in revenue as the program continues to grow. Moore said the network computer technology lab also is growing. He also said the school is moving rooms for a variety of classes during the summer as well as updates to the building.
In other business, the board:
- Approved an employment contract for Kimberly Robinson as adult education program manager.
- Revised job description for associate principal and director of career technical education.
- Approved a one-year contract for Vocational Assessment Services with Career Assessment Systems, Inc.
- Approved a purchased service contract with Fuel Education to provide online educational products and services not to exceed $147,234.77.
- Approved the adult education full-time employees benefits.
- Approved was the substitute list for the school year.
- Equipment donations were accepted by the board from the Springfield Township Fire Department, including nine turnout gear from Capt. Steve Simich for use in the fire academy program; and Kyler Roberson of Tusko Sales and Service donated miscellaneous HVAC equipment including deli cases, merchandisers, "Grab N Go," freezer, prep cooler and ice maker for the HVAC program
The board entered Executive Session pursuant to consider the appointment, employment, or compensation of an employee or official of the school district. Upon return from executive session, the board agreed to hold a special meeting in place of the next regularly scheduled meeting at 6 p.m., July 13 at the school.