JACKSON TWP. Township Trustees approved the purchase of a pressure washer for the public works department during the regular meeting on May 9. The cost is $9,755.
President Todd Hawke said the new pressure washer will replace a 13-year-old machine that is outdated and obsolete.
- Accepted a number of donations including: $400 from Buckeye Corvette Club and $250 from Walter and Carol Chylsta to the Hooked on Fishing program, $300; from Kathleen Park to the parks department $1,000 from Experimac of Canton; and $250 from PTSI for Community Celebration sponsorships and Hazmat supplies valued at $3,210 from QuestarUSA to the fire department.
- Paid bills in the amount of $1.3 million.
- Approved full-time hours for ambulance billing specialist Beth Thomas with a pay rate of $16.32 an hour, effective May 13.
- Went into executive session to discuss interview candidates for the Fire Captain position and to consider confidential information related to economic development assistance.
- Field of Honor/Field of Heroes will be held May 26-29 at the Jackson Safety Center.
- Safety Village is scheduled for 8:45 a.m. to noon, June 12-15 at Sauder Elementary School. Registration forms can be picked up at the Safety Center. Registration deadline is May 26.
UP NEXT: The next regularly scheduled meeting is 5 p.m., May 23 at the Township Hall.