JACKSON TWP. During the regular meeting on April 25, the Jackson Township Trustees approved amended park regulations.
The major amendments to the Jackson Township parks regulations includes the following:
- Prohibits park users from putting or using any size or type of inflatable bounce house or other inflatable items anywhere in the parks.
- Prohibits the setup, launching or landing of hot air balloons.
- Prohibits landing a manned airplane or helicopter within any of the parks.
“Our parks are too crowded to use as a launch site or landing area for hot air balloons, helicopters or planes," said Township Administrator Michael Vaccaro.
- Went into executive session to discuss fire and police department personnel and information related to economic development assistance as described in the Ohio Revised Code.
- Awarded 2017 striping award to J.D. Striping Service Inc for $47,577.
- Approved one leased highway worker at $12.50 per hour, effective May 1 and four leased park maintenance workers at $9.50 an hour, effective April 22.
- Accepted the following Community Celebration sponsorship donations: $1,000 each from Bair’s Lawn & Garden and Cutler Real Estate, $500 each from A.A. Hammersmith Insurance Inc. and Fitzpatrick Properties and $250 from Partners, an Environmental, Engineering and Surveying Firm.
- Paid bills in the amount of $580,195.
- Approved a Streams and Wetlands Foundation Agreement for wetlands mitigation for the Strip Avenue extension at a cost of $22,500.
REMINDER: Jackson Parks’ Fishing Derby is 8 to 11 a.m. Saturday at Jackson North Park for children age 15 and under. Program is free but participants must register at the town hall by Friday.
UP NEXT: The next regularly scheduled meeting is 5 p.m. May 9 at the Township Hall.