JACKSON TWP. The Jackson Township trustees held a meeting of the Tax Incentive Review Council (TIRC) to discuss Tax Increment Finance (TIF) payments. The TIF was used to pay for expenses to add a right turn lane into Sam’s Club off Portage Street.
Township Administrator Michael Vaccaro said the total project cost was more than $2 million dollars. The TIF was started in 2004 and accumulative payments to the end of 2016 total $1.92 million.
- Held an executive session to consider a special assignment position for the Jackson Police Department and to consider confidential information related to economic development assistance.
- Approved paying bills in the amount of $1.63 million.
- Held a public hearing for street lighting for Shadow Ridge development. One person spoke for the lighting and nobody spoke against the proposed project. After closing the hearing, trustees approved the street light project.
- Accepted several donations to the Hooked on Fishing program including $500 from P.A. Ricker and $100 each from John E. Pizzino, Todd J. Hawke and Jamie Walters.
- Approved the highway division to donate old street signs to the city of Massillon. The signs were replaced in the township. Massillon will refurbish the signs.
- Accepted the following sponsorship donation to the 2017 Community Celebration: $750 from Medical Mutual of Ohio; $500 each from Krugliak, Wilkins, Griffiths & Dougherty Co., L.P.A. and VASCO Asphalt Company; and $250 from Chevalier Chiropractic Inc.
- Accepted a donation of three $50 gift cards from Summer Fitness for the fire department.
REMINDER: The Annual Community Easter Egg Hunt is scheduled for 11 a.m., April 8 in Jackson’s North Park on Fulton Road. Kids aged crawlers through fourth grade are invited to search for plastic candy filled eggs.
UP NEXT: The next regularly scheduled meeting is 5 p.m. March 28 at the Township Hall.