LAKE TWP. During the regular meeting on March 13, the Lake Township Trustees approved the purchase of 14 Tasers, holsters and accessories at a cost of $15,761 from Vance’s Law Enforcement for the Uniontown Police Department.
President of the Trustees Galen Stoll said the current Tasers are so outdated that the department even buy new batteries for the equipment.
- Authorized paying bills as of March 13, in the amount of $107,305.
- Approved the purchase of an upgrade for the sign software used by the road department at a cost of up to $3,000 from MasterMind LLC. The purchase includes data conversion, GIS Integration Services, annual Software Maintenance Agreement and sync capability.
- Authorized a five-year renewal of "Virtual Technician" software for use with the 2015 Western Star truck from Zonar Systems at $114 annually.
- Approved the purchase of 1,500 feet of pipe from Marlboro Supply for a cost of $7,836.
- Approved a change order for the construction of the Uniontown Police Department’s garage to add a supply and installation of 10-gauge wire sheet at a cost of $1,935.
- Approved the removal of 18 pine trees along Mt. Pleasant Street and Sharon Street because they are in the line of sight. Hank’s Happy Trees will remove the trees and grind the stumps for $2,100.
- Approved applying for a grant from the Stark-Tuscarawas-Wayne Joint Solid Waste Management District to purchase cameras and accessories for installation at the Recycle Center at a cost of $2,986.
- Approved installing "No Parking" signs along Andrews Street NE and Lake Avenue NE near the athletic fields as requested by Lake Local Schools. Stoll said parking along those roads would interfere with safety vehicles getting to the fields.
UP NEXT: The next Board meeting is 6:30 p.m., March 27 at the Township Hall.