JACKSON TWP. The Jackson Local Board of Education went into executive session at the end of the regular meeting on Jan. 10 and returned to approve a five-year extension contract for Superintendent Christopher DiLoreto.
The approved contract starts on August 8, 2018. DiLoreto’s salary for the first year of the contract will be $132,000 and will increase $2,000 each year of the contract.
"The board is very happy with DiLoreto’s performance and as result we took action as early as the statue allows us to renew his contract," said board President, Christopher Goff. "Taking action this early conveys a message of our satisfaction with DiLoreto’s performance as superintendent of Jackson Local Schools."
- Held the annual organizational meeting and elected Christopher Goff as the board president and Kenneth Douglas as the board vice president, effective Jan. 10 through Dec. 31, 2017.
- The board also set the regular meeting day and time as 5 p.m. the third Tuesday of every month.
- The district recognized the service of each board member by giving them a carved wooden pen made by the Industrial Technology class at the high school.
- Each member also received a personal journal with a custom cover and a quote on the front page. The journals were made and given to each member by a student from Strausser Elementary School, which is where the meeting was held.
- Approved the 2017-18 school calendar.
- Accepted the following donations: $37,493 from various donors including a PTO and the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce and a $20,395 donation from Spitzer Chevrolet for a pole vault system for the high school.
- Approved the 2017/2018 fiscal budget.
UP NEXT: The Board will meet next at 5 p.m., Feb. 21 at the Jackson Memorial Middle School.