JACKSON TWP. The Jackson Township Trustees approved a telecommunications tower exemption during the regular meeting on Oct. 11. The tower is being built on a vacant parcel close to the corner of Portage Street and High Mill Avenue. The lot is zoned business and is owned by B&L Real Estate Investment, LLC.
Township Administrator Michael Vaccaro said since the lot is zoned for business the tower doesn’t have to be go through the zoning approval process or come before the trustees.
- Accepted donations as follows: James and Cynthia Camp donated $100 each to the fire department and the police department.
- Appointed Mark Taylor as a conditional firefighter/paramedic contingent upon successful completion of required testing and background checks.
- Approved purchasing a new Sharp Network Digital copier for the police department at a cost of $10,431 from Copeco with pricing through the state purchasing co-op.
- Approved the purchase of a Truckster for the park division in the amount of $29,746 from Baker Vehicles System through the state purchasing co-op.
- Authorized the disposal of township light fixtures and bulbs because they are no longer needed, have no value and are not fit for use.
- Authorized paying bills in the amount of $1,706,992.
Trick or Treat is 3 to 5 p.m., Oct. 30.
UP NEXT: The next regularly scheduled meeting is 5 p.m. Oct. 25 at the Township Hall.