News and notes from the local sports scene.
- Austin Marciniak had 23 points to lead Green to its ninth win of the season, a 71-61 win over Highland.
- Lake (14-0) remained fifth in the latest Associated Press Division I boys basketball poll, receiving two first-place votes.
- Chelsea Crihfield had a high game of 236 and a high series of 408 as Springfield girls bowling topped Ravenna 2,017-2,007 in a Portage Trail Conference match.
- Lake used 20 points and nine rebounds from Baylen Dyrlund to defeat Canton McKinley and move into a tie for second place in the Federal League girls basketball standings.
- Victor Dorsey scored 30 points in a loss to Field, bringing his average to 33 points in his first three games after sitting out the first half of the season.
- Green boys swimming placed third at the Suburban League championships, posting 170 points. The varsity girls team finished second with 290 points, led by a first-place finish from the 400 freestyle relay team spearheaded by senior Kennedy Herbert.
- Sophomore guard Wil Morisak has accumulated 45 steals for Coventry, averaging more than two steals per contest for the second-place Comets. Fellow sophomore Conner Wess has 32 steals.
- Lake wrestling won its first two matches of the Ohio Dual Team tournament, topping Kent Roosevelt and Chardon by a combined score of 131-24. Nine wrestlers, led by Zac Carson won both of their matches on the day.
- Ally Graham leads the Springfield Spartans with 9.1 rebounds per game.
- Alex Klein (20.2 ppg) and Kayci Krzynowek (15.2) lead the Manchester Panthers as the top-scoring duo in the PAC-7.