Hartville Village Council
KEY ACTION Mayor Richard Currie presented his annual report. Currie's focus was the condition of the village and accomplishments during 2013. Currie listed several accomplishments:
• The wastewater treatment plant expansion project began in the spring and is expected to be completed Sept. 1.
• Annexation of the Lake Local School District property into the village.
• Sunnyside/Park Lane sewer project.
• Sunnyside repaving project.
• West Maple traffic signal project.
• Maple/Prospect traffic signal project.
• The purchase of a new SUV for the Police Department.
• The purchase of a dump truck for the Street Department.
• The purchase of a pickup truck for the wastewater treatment plant.
Also, Currie made the following appointments: Tom Erb, building official; Ray Bednarczyk, zoning inspector; Todd Allen, electrical nspector; Don Walker, backup electrical inspector; and Jim Ringer, sewer inspector.
• Accepted the annexation of approximately 49 acres of land known as Lake High School complex into the village.
• Voted Jim Sullivan as council president pro-tem for 2014.
• Approved Currie's appointment of Forest Miller to the board of trustees of public affairs.
• The village still is seeking a member for the board of nuisance abatement. Interested residents should contact the village for more information.
• Village hall will be closed Monday, Jan. 20, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Up Next The next council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday.