|
|
The Suburbanite
  • Family escapes early morning fire at home in Green

  • Firefighters were called to 592 Jarvis Road at 3:48 a.m. and were on the scene for about four hours.
    • email print
  • A family of four escaped a fire at their two-story house early Monday morning.
    Firefighters were called to 592 Jarvis Road at 3:48 a.m. and were on the scene for about four hours, said Capt. Doug Cincurak of the Green Fire Department.
    The fire started in an electrical outlet on the west side of the front porch and was driven through the house by the wind, Cincurak said.
    A man, woman and two children were asleep when the fire started but were able to escape, getting help from a passerby. The male resident tried to put the fire out with an extinguisher but was unsuccessful.
    No one was injured in the fire, but damage was estimated at $300,000 and the house is unlivable, Cincurak said.
    Firefighters from Coventry, Greentown, Uniontown and New Franklin assisted the Green Fire Department.