|
|
The Suburbanite
  • Fire damages home on Arapahoe

  • Fire caused damage to a home Monday morning at Arapahoe Road SE and a neighbor was injured when he slipped on ice going to alert the occupants.
    • email print
  • »  RELATED CONTENT
  • Fire damaged a house at 1236 Arapahoe Road SE Monday morning.
    The Massillon Fire Department had the blaze under control quickly, which started in the garage. The American Red Cross was on the scene to assist three occupants, who did not report injuries immediately, said Fire Chief Tom Burgasser. A neighbor was injured and transported to a local hospital as a precaution when he slipped and fell on ice while alerting the residents to the fire.
    The rest of the house may have sustained smoke and water damage. Water froze on the roadway as it flowed away from the fire scene.