KEY ACTION The ongoing right-of-way issue at Berna Road and Tim Drive is still not resolved but may be closer to a resolution, as the residents met at hearing on Thursday Nov. 21.
DISCUSSION City Law Director Stephen Pruneski said, "The judge spent a lot of time with the parties imploring a resolution. There was a discussion about a tentative resolution that was put on the record. We are waiting for the court reporter to type up that record and put it into writing."
Sarah Schutte, Robert Schutte Jr. and Susan Schutte submitted petitions that would narrow the right-of-way by 25 feet of the western portion of Berna Road and Tim Drive and vacate the other portion of the right-of-way to the Schutte's but would then require Fitzgibbon to relocate his driveway. Abutting residents Brian Fitzgibbon, David Strittmatter and Sharon Wright opposed this option.
A third piece of legislation was proposed by council member Gerard Neugebauer that would have the city vacate the right-of-way and grant each abutting property owner complete equity and allow the current drive to continue to be used.
The council agreed to take time on this issue as the parties are working toward a resolution, and the Schuttes withdrew their petitions via an email from their lawyer to the council effective Nov. 26.
- Mayor Dick Norton congratulated Jeffrey Funai as the new Fire Chief for the City of Green. Funai accepted the position on Nov. 22. and is effective immediately. A swearing in ceremony will take place at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 17 at the Central Administration Building.
- Awarded a contract to Lockhart Concrete Co. for the Meadow Wood Lane/Sunnyview Drive storm water screen project at a cost of $128,299.
- Passed a resolution confirming the final plat of Campo D'Amore planned development. The land will be split for the three property owners into 1.5 acres of land and the remaining 32 acres will be designated as open space.
- The Design Review Board is in need of a member and the Historic Preservation Commission is in need of two members. Interested residents should contact the Green City Clerk of Council at 330-896-6604. Applications are being accepted until Dec. 18. These positions are appointed by City Council.
- A public hearing was held regarding the establishment of a street lighting district for Kings Ridge Phase IV subdivision. If the lighting district passes, the owners of sixteen lots will be assessed the operation and maintenance cost of the lights, the developer will be responsible for the installation and construction costs. The council is expected to vote on this issue at the next meeting on Dec. 10.
- The city of Green's annual Christmas-at-Town Park Holiday Event is 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at the CAB at 1755 Town BLVD.
- The City of Green has issued a parking ban in effect until 6 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 28.
Page 2 of 2 - UP NEXT Meets at 7 p.m. on Dec. 10 at the Central Administration Building at 1755 Town Park Blvd.